Whole berry cranberry sauce that will turn the non believers!

>> Sunday, January 9, 2011

I have so many family members who would never eat whole berry sauce until I started making this. They called it "sticks and twigs" before! It's a quick cook recipe that is made ahead and fills the whole house with warm cozy aromas of cinnamon and citrus. Perfect for a snowy winter Sunday! I think it has a nice mixture of sweet and tart.

Ingredients:
(1) 12 oz bag whole fresh cranberries
1 cup orange juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup mandarin oranges, roughly chopped (you can also use clementines or any other small orange with minimal/no seeds)
1 cinnamon stick

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally until berries burst- about 15 minutes.

Cool completely at room temperature. Remove the cinnamon stick, then transfer to a bowl or food storage container and refrigerate until dinner time!

4 comments:

BEadECLECTIC January 9, 2011 at 2:17 PM  

This looks really good! I just made cranberry orange muffins last night (YUM!) and find that using organic cranberries makes a big difference in flavor. Have you tried them? I got mine at Trader Joe's (not sure if there is one near you).

Lynne January 9, 2011 at 6:01 PM  

This sounds really good! I make the whole cranberry sauce all ready, but I like the idea of adding the orange juice and mandarin oranges, a nice combination.

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP