All you need is love...

>> Thursday, January 19, 2012

Inspired by the LOVE sign in the city of brotherly love

I created this Valentine's mantel for less than $20
I used 12" solid wood letters on sale for $2.99 each at Joann, leftover spray paint and some strips of a clementine crate stapled onto the back to hold the pieces together.

Add to that a couple of picture hanger hooks from the junk drawer and a $7 bouquet of tulips split up into several clear glass vases I already owned.
The bunting is simply card stock and yarn, both pulled from my craft stash.

I don't usually "do" Valentine's day. I often feel like so many of the decorations I see in stores are frilly, sparkly and too pink for me. But I'm digging the color red lately so I figured why the heck not? Red is so very Valentine's and the pop against the white brick and turquoise chair lets me feel like my house still maintains it's vibe (i.e. not getting too foo-foo)

Do you decorate for Valentine's Day?

Oh, and a BIG OL' HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my girl Lexi!

6 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor January 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM  

That's really bright and cheery looking!

The White Pear Tree January 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM  

LOVE-ly! I have a picture of that exact sign in Montreal in one of my posts.

Rose Clearfield January 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM  

I don't decorate for Valentine's Day, but that is a very pretty display. I love red.

Anonymous,  January 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM  

I don't decorate for any holiday; I don't decorate at all - but I must say that is very attractive...

Mary January 23, 2012 at 3:41 PM  

Love the look you've pulled together there!

We do very minimal Valentine's Day decorations... something on the front door, a garden flag out front and one or two other things inside.

I'd like to decorate more, but I think at this time of the year, it's such a relief to not decorate, since we do tons of decorating and lights for Christmas.

Lexi February 2, 2012 at 5:24 PM  

LOVE it! lol And thank you!!!! Let's get together soon- I am going ot be a SAHM starting March 2!!!!

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP