Retro Tuesday, My Pyrex Dry Spell is Over!

>> Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Has anyone else noticed how barren the consignment and charity shops have been lately?! Every time I go, the shelves seem sparse on vintage goodies- but my dry spell ended this past weekend when I added these pieces to my collection.

A beautiful yellow (0)503 fridgie, with lid, my first piece of yellow- $12, but I couldn't leave it there in such pristine condition! (put it to quick use with some red cabbage slaw!)

This Butterfly Gold gravy boat which is currently holding my Splenda. (I am on the hunt for a small fridgie to take over this duty) This is another first for me as far as patterns go- $3.49
And this Snowflake Garland piece- which is actually a Corningware piece made for Pyrex- but I collect Snowflake Garland and at $3 and no scratches or chips, it was perfect to hold my sugar.
I also found this yummy black and white Gooseberry 2 1/2 qt mixing bowl for $3
Finally,it's not Pyrex, but certainly noteworthy, I also scored this adorable Anchor Hocking juice pitcher for $3
I am so happy to have some new springy pieces to add to my collection!

I am linking up today to the Coloradolady for Vintage Thingie Thursday and Brambleberry Cottage for Time Travel Thursday. Head on over to these great blogs and check out all the other vintage goodies people are bragging about!

12 comments:

Musings from Kim K. April 7, 2011 at 8:57 AM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I always enjoy finding new vintage friends. Your blog is so colorful. Love the Pyrex dishes.

Blue Ridge Altered Art April 7, 2011 at 9:21 AM  

You found some wonderful pieces. I saw a mixing bowl yesterday in a thrift shop that had a brown country kitchen design on it that was pyrex. It was only $2.00 but I do not collect it so I did not buy it. Maybe I should have!!! ~~Sherry~~

LV April 7, 2011 at 11:13 AM  

I am surprised how many bloggers have so much Pyrex and love it. It seems to be making a big comeback. I liked these pieces you have.

Donna@Conghaile Cottage April 7, 2011 at 11:46 AM  

GREAT FINDS! I think the picking are small because SO MANY OF US are out there "Picking", hehe!
Hugs to you,
Donna

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage April 7, 2011 at 11:51 AM  

Well, it was certainly worth your wait to score so big this time around! And those pieces look to be in near mint condition. Patience - and persistence - pay off. ;)

Thanks for joining the party. It's good to have you back. I've simplified my rules, so you can link anything, any week.

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Coloradolady April 7, 2011 at 3:59 PM  

What amazing finds. I love all your pyrex. Happy VTT!

~Lavender Dreamer~ April 7, 2011 at 8:09 PM  

I love the gravy boat! It's perfect for Splenda! And congrats on the weight loss! ♥ I've lost weight, too and it feels amazing! ♥

Rebecca April 7, 2011 at 10:43 PM  

Ive noticed also how bare the thrift stores are- I wonder why? Glad you scored some goodies!

Rebecca April 7, 2011 at 10:44 PM  

Ive noticed also how bare the thrift stores are- I wonder why? Glad you scored some goodies!

Unknown April 8, 2011 at 3:53 PM  

Yes, I noticed the same thing! And I keep looking for a juice pitcher I think you found mine . Sneaky :)

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife April 8, 2011 at 4:12 PM  

Yes, it's been so depressing! I hit three yesterday and there wasn't anything worthwhile at all! :(

Anonymous,  April 8, 2011 at 9:56 PM  

So cool...awesome finds! You are so right...I think everyone is snatching up the good stuff and selling it on Etsy!

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP