Some new vintage goodies added to my collection

>> Monday, April 11, 2011

I had another wonderful weekend of thrifting. All out, a total of $31 was spent for this terrific haul- scored big in the area of Pyrex, getting several promotional pieces

as well as a new piece to add to my Spring Blossom collection and a smaller piece to hold my Splenda packets (which was previously contained in my Butterfly Gold gravy boat in this post)
I got this funky glass tumbler with a raised avocado green design for $1
I also got these great tea cups and saucers.
My godmother previously got me a set of 4 of these cups- and the saucers are solid white and much thinner like the cups themselves, so I know these aren't a set, but the colors couldn't be more perfect.
There is no pattern name on the cups, but the mark on the back of my matching dinner plates says "American Ironstone".
The saucers say "Mayer China Beaver Falls, PA"
If anyone has info on the pattern names, please let me know!

It took me nearly 45 minutes, but I managed to rearrange the only TWO cupboards I use for display and fit all but one divided casserole into them.
In addition to Pyrex (for those of you who are new to my blog and don't know) I also collect Blue Heaven dishes- which we use for all our meals, so it's really convenient to have the doors removed for easy retrieval.
I am so happy that the thrift stores are starting to fill up with goodies again!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  April 12, 2011 at 9:04 AM  

You know, I was out thrifting yesterday and saw a small pyrex casserole dish, and I thought of you! I didn't bother checking the price, because I have so many collections of vintage items that my house is already bursting. You have such a lovely collection that it made it tempting..... Have a great week.

Split Rock Ranch April 12, 2011 at 12:03 PM  

Wow, what a haul! Your dishes are so pretty. If I don't lock my cabinet doors shut, the cats sleep in them or go exploring in them. They would have a field day at your house!

Victoria April 14, 2011 at 1:26 PM  

What fantastic finds. I am in love with all of them. I'm currently on the look out for a sugar bowl; my inspiration, you and all your lovely pyrex!

Bren May 2, 2011 at 2:35 AM  

Hi.... i just blog hopped into your place here.,.luv it! Hey, i love love your pyrex collection and I have that turqouise bowl set in my cupboard...lol. I got mine at a local antique shop and sadly paid a pretty penny, but had to have the set as it was the very same set my mother had in my childhood kitchen. Nice place here, I am going to follow your blog.
Bren

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP