Spicy Sweet Potato Hash and Fried Eggs, a recipe

>> Wednesday, May 19, 2010


This is a tweaked version of a Rachel Ray 30 Minute Meal. To see the original, click here.

Ingredients:

4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 3/4" pieces
1 lb breakfast sausage; not in the casing
1/2 vidalia onion, rough chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, rough chopped
1 jalepeno pepper, diced
1 1/2 TBSP chili powder
1 TBSP cumin
1 tsp coriander
salt to taste
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
eggs; 2 per person

I serve this topped with fresh tomato salsa. For my ingredients list and the recipe, click here.

Boil sweet potatoes in a large pot until just fork tender, 4-5 min. Drain well and set aside.

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the breakfast sausage until no pink remains; 4-5 minutes.

Drain the fat then add onion and bell pepper to the pan, cooking until onion begins to turn translucent 3-4 minutes.

Add the sweet potatoes to the skillet, tossing with a wooden spoon to combine until potatoes begin to crisp on edges; 4-5 minutes.

Season with chili powder, cumin, coriander and salt. Add diced jalepeno to the pan and cook one additional minute.



Transfer to a large serving bowl or platter, top with shredded cheddar cheeese and cover with foil to melt the cheese and keep everything warm while you cook your eggs.


Serve on plates topped with fried eggs and fresh tomato salsa.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous,  May 19, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

OMG!!! That looks DE~LISH~!!! Unfortunately, I can't eat eggs. Ever since I was pregnant, if I eat eggs, I get MASSIVE stomach pains, but I will SO make this...minus the eggs. I think I will have to start to do a recipe day too. I LOVE trying new recipes (you don't know if you like something 'til you try it!)

BEadECLECTIC May 19, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

At first glance, I thought the egg was sour cream, and I was like, "My gosh!". That would be a LOT of sour cream!

Maya @ Completely Coastal May 19, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

The earrings below are so lovely, I don't have piercings anymore, so I didn't enter...., but I always enjoy to see the process!!

Unknown May 19, 2010 at 3:36 PM  

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Catherine May 19, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

Looks delicious! So yummy!

Tara Beaulieu May 19, 2010 at 4:15 PM  

LOl, Tracy, yet another recipe you probably can't eat! I'm sorry!

Aww Kool Kittie, definitely try it without the eggs. I always have the leftovers for breakfast sans eggs the next day and it's just as tasty!

BeadEclectic- OMG yes, that would be a TON of sour cream, lol! (not that this is a healthy dish by any means, but holy cow would that be awful!)

Thanks, Catherine!

Maya- Thank you for your kind words. If you'd like to enter, I'd be happy to switch them to clip-ons for you, if that's something you'd wear. You can also win them and give them to a friend! If you like them, please enter! :)

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP