Retro Tuesday My New - Old Dining Set

>> Wednesday, October 27, 2010

So my mom calls me up and says "Katherine's kids are finally cleaning out the house. They're having an estate sale and there is the dining room set that is sort of Danish 50s or 60s looking I think. They're asking $100, do you want it? The cushions match your house..."

While my heart is screaming "Yes, yes, YES!" my brain is saying "You can't, don't spend the money. UGH Brain, you're killing me- NO, don't do it!" So I told my mom no, heaved a heavy sigh and went off to tell Ed about the fabulous deal that I had just hung up on.

The next morning my mom calls me again and says "Well, I made enough money yesterday at MY yardsale to buy the dining set for you. So I did. And we'll bring it down later this afternoon, okay?"

OH. MY. GOSH. SHE. DID. WHAT? OMG OMG OMG OMG YES! "I'll cook you dinner!" I shout. And with that, this charming little dining table and chairs came to live at my house.

I am not really sure what style to call this, I'm no expert. Is it Danish looking? We think the wood is walnut, there is no maker's mark that I can find but it is really sturdy and in great condition for it's age with nary a scratch or ding anywhere...

In any case, Happy Retro Tuesday, blogging world! Go visit Tracy over at Crazy Suburban Mom for more retro goodness.

6 comments:

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife October 27, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

ooooh it looks gorgeous! What a score - your mommy rocks! :)

Kaybe October 27, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

Amazing and in good shape too.

Unknown October 29, 2010 at 4:36 AM  

Congratulations on your new table and chairs - they look great.

Split Rock Ranch October 29, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

Wow - you have the bestest best Mom ever! What a great dining set.

Unknown November 1, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

OMG - its fabulous! I got your email but Ive been in cape may and even thought I had internet technically it was painfully slow. I'm planning to retro tuesday tomorrow - if the floor instillation doesnt get the best of me and I'll link to this. Its fab!

Vonlipi November 2, 2010 at 11:10 AM  

That is delicious! Really beautiful and a steal!

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP