An Aqueous Solution

>> Saturday, November 13, 2010


In my never ending attempt at to be frugal, I grabbed a large jug (128 fl. oz.) of laundry soap at my local Price Rite for $1.99. I figured it probably wasn't fabulous, but it would do the job. When I got home, I was talking about it with Ed when I commented that it was probably almost all water. I decided to grab the bottle and look at the ingredients list. Imagine my surprise (and the laughter that followed) when I read:

Tempo™ Heavy Duty Laundry Detergent is an aqueous solution containing nonionic and anionic surfactants, wetting agents, soil removers, soil anti-redepositing agents, brighteners, colorants and fragrance.

Really? Now, I have to admit, it is the first time I actually READ the ingredients on laundry detergent before, but come on. This is what they call an ingredients list? Seriously?

How about: Water based product with detergents that act as cleaners to get $h!t out of your family's clothes.

Sheesh. Go read the back of your laundry soap. Let me know what I'm missing!

3 comments:

Terra November 13, 2010 at 6:04 PM  

Oh that is pretty funny; I never read the ingredients on laundry detergent, though I carefully read ingredients on food products. Tide HE is recommended for my front loading washer so that is what I always buy.

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife November 14, 2010 at 12:23 AM  

Bwhahahaa! I don't want to read the back of mine, it will make me want to just using baking soda and such because of all of the chemicals.

Stephanie November 14, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

ECOS HE Liquid Laundry Detergent: 100% natural anionic coconut kernel oil based surfactant, coconut oil based fabric softener, certified organic essential oil of lavender, purified water. Not very expensive at Sam's Club, too!! Peace, Stephanie

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP