Mmmmm Chicken Pot Pie!

>> Thursday, November 11, 2010


Let me preface by saying that I have never EVER met a chicken pot pie that I actually liked. For some reason, the idea of savory filling and pie crust together just doesn't do it for me.

Then I found this recipe with a twist over at Jenn's blog Feeding My Family of Five and she got it from her friend, Stacey, so I'd say it's definitely a tried and true family pleaser! It calls for a biscuit type topping instead of a pie crust and for me, it made all the difference in the world. Everyone in my family (even my finicky little ones) loved it. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
1 bag frozen mixed veggies
1 cup shredded monterey jack & colby cheese
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (I had absolutely no "cream of" soup onhand so I made some using store bought chicken broth a touch of butter and some 1/2 and 1/2)
1 small onion finely diced
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 cup flour seasoned to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground red pepper)
2 cups baking mix (such as Jiffy or Bisquick)
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 stick butter

Prep:
Cut chicken into 1 -2 inch squares and coat with the seasoned flour. Melt the butter in a deep skillet with the minced garlic and onion until they start to brown, then add the chicken. Cook chicken until all pieces are brown and almost cooked completely through.

In a large bowl, put the mixed veggies, cheese, and cream soups. When chicken is done, add to bowl and mix so that everything is coated with the soup. Pour mixture into well greased 9x13 baking dish.

In another bowl, mix the baking mix, milk, and eggs. Pour over chicken. Bake at 350 degree for 30-40 minutes until crust is firm and brown.

Thank you so much for posting this recipe, girls! It is a new staple on our list for menu planning days!

2 comments:

jenn November 11, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

I am so glad you enjoyed it. I love when a good recipe gets around. :)

StaceyC4 November 11, 2010 at 9:00 PM  

Yeah! I'm glad you liked it, too! It's a big hit here and my husband does NOT usually do any type of casserole, but he loves this! Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP