Stand mixer plus hot day plus house full of kids equals cookies!

>> Friday, July 29, 2011

I don't know why, but it seems to be a recurring theme around here that when it gets too hot to go to the beach we stay inside with the AC and make cookies!

This year instead of making up our own, we decided to pull out my BHG cookbook (a gift from my mom at my bridal shower) for a tried and true recipe.




photo courtesy of bhg website


We chose Lime Zingers, which fortunately BHG has posted on their website, so if you want to try these yummy little bites for yourself, you can!

I was gifted this (new to me) Sunbeam stand mixer about 8 months ago from a friend who never used it- who got it from her mother-in-law who picked it up "somewhere along the way". So the thing sat looking worn, filthy and unloved in my basement for ages because I didn't have the motivation to clean it up and see if it even worked.
Finally my slacker behind wandered downstairs and lugged it up and into the kitchen. Well let me just say "WOW". Once I gave it a good scrubbing, it didn't have a mark on it. It looks like it was hardly ever used!
And oh! The joy of making dough without having to use my 12 year old (also a bridal shower gift) hand mixer! I showed the kids how to slowly add the flour so we didn't make a snow storm in the house, I had one bowl to use to mix the frosting and a seperate one for the dough. All the parts are dishwasher safe and the best part- it actually works really well!
I'm so excited I decided to try it out. Oh and the cookies weren't too bad either. ;)

1 comments:

Rose Clearfield July 29, 2011 at 6:59 PM  

It's great when you finally discover a use for something that you've had sitting around for a long time. That's great that it's in such good condition.

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP