If you've got pretty dishes

>> Wednesday, February 3, 2010


Why hide them? When we bought our house last summer, we had that "overhang" cabinet that most people rip out when they remodel their kitchens. You know- the one that sticks out over a counter penisula that everyone bumps their head on when they lean on the counter?

Fortunately, ours is higher than a lot of them, so you can see people on the other side without ducking down and to date (knock on cabinet wood!) no one has banged their forhead on it.

I knew from the get-go I wouldn't rip it out simply because I need the storage space- but when we took the cabinet doors off to paint, I decided I'd leave them off from that section and use it to showcase the pretty dishes that we use on a regular basis. Not only do I get to look at all the things I love every day, but having the doors off lets sunlight shine into my kitchen from the sliding glass door on the other side in my dining area and it also makes setting the table and unloading the dishwasher just that much easier! (now I just need to get around to removing the ugly magnets that held the doors closed) What do you think?

4 comments:

Hot Rocks February 3, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

A great way to display your lovely dishes! Very pretty.

Mommy Liz February 3, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

Very clever of you. I love your dishes, I love the color too.

Tara Beaulieu February 3, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

Thanks! I wish I could figure a way to display a few of the pieces with patterns on them though (the plates and bowls) All the serving stuff (which is the stuff you can really see well) is solid colored.

CastoCreations February 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

SO pretty! And if my dishes were that pretty I'd be tempted. But ours pretty much don't match and are a mish mash. Not so pretty.

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP