Chicken and Broccoli Casserole, an EASY Recipe

>> Wednesday, May 12, 2010

This is one of the simplest, prepare ahead dishes I can think of and it's tasty, so the kids don't complain about eating their veggies!

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed into bite size pieces (I typically use 3 boneless breast halves, but left over roaster chicken works equally well)
(1) 12 oz bag frozen broccoli cuts, brought to room temp
(2) 10.75 oz cans of broccoli cheese soup (Campbell's Healthy Request Works well for this if you're trying to make it a little less fattening)
(1) 6 oz package instant stuffing (such as Stove Top)
1 1/2 cups chicken broth

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a 13x9x2 casserole dish with nonstick spray.

Pour stuffing mix into a microwave safe bowl and mix with chicken stock (this adds flavor without having to add the butter). Cover and microwave for 5 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked chicken, broccoli and soup.

Spread evenly across the bottom of the casserole then top with the cooked stuffing.


Bake for 30 minutes or until stuffing pieces begins to crisp on the top and soup is bubbly.

If I'm making this ahead (like today), I am sure to let all the ingredients cool completely before I assemble it. Then, once it's prepared (but before it's baked) I cover it with plastic wrap and pop it into the fridge. Remove it about 15 minutes prior to cook time to bring back to room temp, then bake it as noted above.

6 comments:

Anonymous,  May 12, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

Thanx! Now our mouths are watering! Mom's copying this recipe and we'll let you know how it turns out!

Catherine May 12, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

Easy indeed and scrumptious too!

Unknown May 13, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

Oh, I could totally do this. I want to put it in weight watchers recipe builder and get some points but the sites down at the moment - The only thing I'm not totally sure about is the stuffing mix But, and its a big but - I could use as much or as little of that as I want. And I could only put that on for crunch. So I think I will do this for dinner this evening :)

T

Tara Beaulieu May 13, 2010 at 5:19 PM  

And the review from Nana (who served Austin and Avery last night while we were at wedding rehearsal) was that Avery ate every single bite. (Austin always eats all his dinner). So it must have been good! :)

imelda May 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM  

easy to cook will try this

Unknown May 18, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

I was so happy to find this the other night. I made it last night and it was a huge hit! Thanks so much for posting.

Lydia

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP