Cucumber Salad, a recipe

>> Tuesday, July 20, 2010

This recipe is so light and refreshing. Perfect for hot summer nights when you don't feel like cooking and a great use for the bounty of cucumbers available during these warm months!

Ingredients:
4 small to medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup white vinegar
2 TBSP sugar
1 1/2 tsp dill weed
salt and pepper to taste

Place the cucumbers into a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over cucumbers. Place a lid on the bowl and weight it down to submerge all cucumbers. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 an hour before serving. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Low Tide High Style July 20, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

Yum! I love cucumbers and this salad sounds so refreshing!

Kat :)

Anonymous,  July 20, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

YUMMY~!!! Have LOTS of cukes to use too! Also, here's another delish cuke recipe...

Slice 3-4 cukes (peeled or not, your preference)
Diced 1 medium onion
1.5 cups Mayo
salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for about an hour! Mmmm~mmmm good!!!

Erika July 20, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

Yummmm. On hot Texas days this would be perfect!

jenn July 20, 2010 at 10:59 AM  

I have always just used italian dressing, because I was too lazy to look up a recipe. This one looks easy, and delicious! I will be using it the next time I buy cucumbers.

Tara Beaulieu July 20, 2010 at 2:22 PM  

Thanks, gals! :) We've eaten so many cucumbers this summer I think we're going to start growing vines and flowers ourselves, lol!

Paulette July 21, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

I'm going to make this because I'm getting a little tired of my usual mayonnaise based salad, and this looks so light and refreshing. Thanks for the recipe!

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP