Cranberry Cinnamon Bran Muffins

>> Sunday, March 6, 2011

I received this yummy recipe from Val over at Vonlipi's Favorites after seeing her bake them using some of her lovely vintage Pyrex.

They're perfect for someone like me- on a high fiber, healthy carb diet.

Before I give the recipe, though, I'll just let you know I had no cranberries in the house, lol. So I used fresh blueberries instead. They still came out wonderful and I can't wait to try them next time with the cranberries! My adorable assistant is Avery, who was home from school, sick, last week with double ear infections. (He's feeling 100% now!)

Ingredients:

1 cup wheat bran
1/2 cup All-Bran or 100% bran cereal
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup skim milk
1 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup Splenda
1 omega-3 egg
1/4 cup canola oil
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
2. In bowl, combine bran, cereal and salt. Pour boiling water over and stir to combine. Stir in milk and cranberries and set aside.**
**Note: if using fresh berries instead of dried, do not add them in this step.
3. In another bowl, whisk together Splenda, egg and oil. Stir into bran mixture.
4. In a large bowl, stir together baking soda, flour and cinnamon.
Pour bran mixture over flour mixture and stir until just combined.
(This is the time to add fresh berries if you are using them)
5. Divide batter among muffin cups.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until tester inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
Makes 12 muffins.

1 comments:

1stopmom March 8, 2011 at 9:08 PM  

These look yummy! I have never had this mix of flavors in a muffin before. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP