Work In Progress Wednesday, Week Four

>> Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Amongst other things (finishing some pendants, making some ring bearer shells and doing mountains of laundry)

I am working on this today
This is my father's baby quilt. Made for him by his grandmother when he was born.
The quilt will turn 70 this August.
I took an old shirt that was passed down through all my boys and cut it into strips.
I also used an old bandana.

I took some Stitch Witchery and fused the fabrics together.
This will hang on the wall in the little boys' room once the dowel and brackets I spray painted are dry.

What are you working on today?

3 comments:

Anonymous,  March 24, 2011 at 8:17 AM  

Gorgeous quilt! Nice way to make it functional :)

What am I working on today? Well, trying to catch up with some blogging and then it's up in the studio :)

Rose Clearfield March 25, 2011 at 2:56 PM  

What a neat idea! That's a wonderful thing to have in your family after all of these years.

I've been working on cross-stitch instead of beading this week. I'll be doing a lot of non-crafty stuff this weekend as we make the final preparations to get our condo on the market...but I'm sure I'll find time for some fun things, too. :)

susan March 28, 2011 at 5:00 PM  

Just became a follower of your blog (though I have been visiting for awhile!)
I love the quilt you are working on...and I love the look of a quilt on a wall :) looking forward to finished photos of the room!

Today, I completed painting 3 word art signs (a beach sign and a "POOL RULES" sign and a 'family' sign) I have orders for a few more, so I guess I'll be painting tonight too :)
Susan

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP