Diet and exercise update. The next chapter.

>> Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just a quick post to update how things are going on the "new year, new me" front.

I've just completed 50 workouts- finishing my 9 week program in the EA Sports Active 2 game. I am now using the game's miscellaneous preplanned workouts in conjunction with a few of my own that I've created to work out 4-5 times a week.

Some interesting milestones I've surpassed in the game:

I have thrown more than 2,300 punches in boxing
Burned nearly 8,000 calories
Run a distance of 34.8 miles
Exercised for more than 24 hours
Done more than 1,000 squats

My losses thus far:

Pounds: 13
Total Inches: 7.75!
Waist- down 4"
Arms- down 1"
Hips- down 1.5"
Thighs- down 1.25"
Pants- down 1 size

In addition to continuing to workout using EA Sports Active 2, I have begun walking and running. I started walking about a month ago and then about 2 weeks ago, I decided I want to run a local 5K race at the end of May. I am using the run/walk method of training; running for 10-12 minutes, walking for 2-3 minutes, then back to running again.

Today I completed a 3.5 mile course, 2 of it running, 1.5 of it walking. A
5K is 3.1 miles, so I am well on my way! (I am lucky- this is my view as I exercise!)
I am so grateful the snow is finally all melted. It was really rough trying to walk at a good clip back in February when several sections of sidewalk were still severely iced over!

In addition to exercise some things that I have found are helping with the diet portion of this process is being sure to have breakfast every morning. I have taken a liking to Kashi's Heart to Heart Honey Toasted Oat Cereal. I add some berries and some almond milk (less carbs and less calories than regular skim milk and slightly sweet) and it's a nice way to start my day.
The second big thing is eating every few hours. I try not to go longer than 3 hours without something to eat. It keeps me from being famished and definitely keeps my energy level up throughout the day.

The last big thing is that I am really working at drinking enough water. I just take a reusable water bottle with me wherever I go and keep it filled all day long.

All in all, my progress is slow, but steady. I have a goal of 13 more pounds before we go on vacation in a month (18 pounds more in total), but with the pace I've been losing, I'm not sure I'll make it. BUT- I am still going to try and at the very least, I will be lighter than I was the last time I had to put on a swimsuit, lol!

Well, I guess that is about it for now, this is probably a pretty boring post to most of you, but it's nice for me to have an outlet where I can share my progress, so there you go!


5 comments:

Low Tide High Style March 15, 2011 at 11:15 PM  

This is so cool, congratulations and keep going! That is a wonderful view to look at while you are running/walking!

Kat :)

Stephanie March 16, 2011 at 8:09 AM  

Congratulations, Tara! It's really great to hear how well you are doing. So glad for you!
Peace, Stephanie

Tara Beaulieu March 16, 2011 at 1:47 PM  

Thanks everyone- It's frustrating how easy it is to put it on and how hard it is to take it off, lol!

I am so glad to be heading in the right direction again. When my "baby" turned 5 this past January, I could and SHOULD no longer be carrying that extra "baby weight". When I began this journey, I was 3 pounds heavier than when I left the hospital after he was born.

NOT GOOD! Now I'm 18 pounds away from my pre-baby weight, woohoo!

Hot Rocks March 17, 2011 at 10:31 AM  

Congratulations! You are doing amazing with your weight loss. I too used the EA sports workout for part of my exercise routine and I lost 40 pounds in the last year. I also eat, like you, small portions every few hours. In January, I wrote a 5 part series on my blog about my weight loss, food and exercise tips and recipes. You may find some interesting things there to help you on your journey. Good luck...you are well on your way to success. It is so worth all the hard work! (and shopping for new clothes is so much fun!)
Here are the links if you are interested:

http://hotrocksglassjewels.blogspot.com/2011/01/resolutions-and-achievments.html

http://hotrocksglassjewels.blogspot.com/2011/01/healthier-slimmer-youit-all-in-math.html

http://hotrocksglassjewels.blogspot.com/2011/01/keeping-it-interesting.html

http://hotrocksglassjewels.blogspot.com/2011/01/lets-get-physical.html

http://hotrocksglassjewels.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-years-resolution-challenge.html

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP