Work In Progress Wednesday, Week Five

>> Wednesday, March 30, 2011

This week is all about outdoor stuff.

We've been digging up the giant roots of these forsythia bushes. They were overgrown, not pruned properly by the previous owners and didn't flower like they should anymore- so we decided to rip them out.

The plan is to put in some lovely emerald green arborvitae trees along the fence and then in front of that will be our new vegetable garden area.
We are digging these up by hand.
Which is why it's not finished yet.
And I'm stalled out because of this
And YES, I had gloves on (everyone is asking me that)

We also did the gutters.
See that pretty green MOSS growing on the facia board under where the malfunctioning gutters were?
We also had to replace 70 feet of rotted board.
Progress, progress.
At least now the house is ready for power washing and then (hopefully) paint! (it is such a barren, bland eyesore, I feel like I should be on one of those shamed-into-working-on-my-yard TV shows!)

What are YOU working on this week?

2 comments:

TiLT March 30, 2011 at 11:15 PM  

Um - ouch. I can relate though - have worn gloves many a time & still had quite the blisters underneath. Good luck with all the fixing up :)

Tara Beaulieu March 31, 2011 at 9:35 AM  

Yeah, tell me about it, lol! One stupid little wound right in the middle of my palm sidelined me for days. And because it was on my palm, I had to wrap my hand in about a mile of gauze just to keep it covered because bandages wouldn't stay stuck!

Today is the first day I can actually function normally with that hand again.

Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP