Work In Progress Wednesday Part Deux

>> Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Today is all about soldering. I am playing catch-up on some pendant and bracelet orders and also making a few new pieces that will go into my Etsy shop.

Also still a work in progress- the headboards. I am being really persnickity about the paint. Thin layers, lots of layers=lots of drying time. I've used nearly 2 cans. I am still undecided about the distressing. They look so clean and crisp right now, but my heart is telling me they will not look that way for long once the boys get into them...
Whatever my decision, I am going to go buy a can of clear coat to spray over it in an attempt to protect the finish a while longer.

The new box springs and mattresses are in the garage waiting and the plan is to start painting the walls this weekend.

Oh, I also just discovered that the hand-me-down chest of drawers they have in their room currently and a nightstand we have in the basement have the same dental moulding detail on them.
I want to spray paint those white to match- but it's shiny wood laminate. Not sure if it will work well or not- anyone have any experience painting over it?

What are YOU working on today?

5 comments:

Terra March 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM  

The pendants and head board are gorgeous; I can't help you with the painting of the bureau though. Someone who knows will give you advice, I am sure.

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea March 9, 2011 at 2:58 PM  

You have been busy. Can you tell me exactly what you are doing to get that silver wrap around the pieces? Is that a finding or soldering? I have never seen that before, but it looks good. Cheers

Anonymous,  March 10, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

Love that headboard and can't wait to see the new pieces in your shop!

Today I will be getting in the studio and making some new pieces. Oh, and going through some old supplies that I just had to have and never used! I am trying to hard not to be a crafting packrat!

Lynne March 13, 2011 at 7:00 PM  

Well, I did get to very tall (10 ft) bushes trimmed down! They've been driving me nuts for a while, so I got out there with the ladder and my hand trimmer and cut about 3 feet off of each one. I feel so much better!
The headboard is looking fabulous!

Tara Beaulieu March 16, 2011 at 1:51 PM  

Lisa- I can SO identify with the crafting packrat side, I fight it daily! I saw your newest necklace on your blog, it's stunning!

Lynne- that's awesome! My yard is looking sorely neglected. I can't wait to be caught up with all my indoor work so I can spend some time outdoors!

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP