Grilled Corn with Herb Butter, a recipe

>> Friday, June 25, 2010

With the summer season upon us, many people look for new ways to enjoy the old favorite- corn on the cob. Here's my slightly kicked up version!

Ingredients:
4 ears of corn
1 stick butter, softened at room temp
2 TBSP fresh finely chopped parsley
1 TBSP fresh finely minced chives
2 garlic cloves
Dash of red pepper flakes
Salt

First, peel back the corn husks but DO NOT remove them. Pull out the silks and dispose of them. Recover the corn in the remaining husk.

Submerge corn in a container of cold water for 10-15 minutes. Mine needed help staying down, yes that's a Jungle Book coffee mug contributing to the cause. This allows the husks to absorb water, which keeps them from catching fire on the grill.

While corn is soaking, make your herb butter. Mash butter with a fork until smooth. Add parsley, chives, garlic paste and a dash of red pepper flake to the butter and stir to combine.

To make garlic paste, smash two garlic cloves with your knife. Sprinkle with salt then press and smear with the side of the blade repeatedly until a smooth paste is formed.

Remove the corn from the water and drain on a dish towel. Peel back the husks and slather with the butter.
Replace the husks over the corn and place on a hot grill for 15 minutes.

Spoon the rest of your butter mixture onto a piece of wax paper, roll it into a tube and chill or freeze for future use.

Delicious on baked potatoes!

Take the corn from the grill, allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then remove the blackened husks and serve!

4 comments:

Terry @ La Bella Vie June 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

Oh wow, you just read my mind! I was just looking for a grilled corn on cob recipe (I've never done it). I want to do it for my in laws 60th wedding anniversary here at our home July 17th...I think this will do the trick!
Thank you so much for sharing the "how to" tutorial:) What are you doing July 17th, I could use a little help in the kitchen ;)
Terry

Tara Beaulieu June 25, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

Ha! I'd love to, Terry, but I'll be off with friends collecting sea glass on Block Island in RI! :) Please come back and let me know how you like it if you decide to try it out!

jenn June 25, 2010 at 11:35 PM  

Those look delicious! I love when they burn a little...makes it even yummier. I seriously can not wait to try your herb butter the next time I buy corn.

Split Rock Ranch June 28, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

Oh my gosh, that looks soooo good, it makes me drool. Thank you for sharing!

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP