Sea Glass Hunting With New Friends!

>> Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Over the past weekend, I got to (finally!) get together with a group of sea glass enthusiasts I know from an online community. Folks from all over RI, MA and CT gathered and braved the spitting rain and chilly weather to hunt for glass together.

After we hunted, we were invited back to one gal's house for a fabulous spread of wine, cheeses, handmade pizza and crudités!



This stunning table belonged to our hostess, Terry- can you say DROOLING?!

This is me, de-sanding and sorting. This is ritual, I do it every time.

Apparently I have sea glass sorting OCD as I was the ONLY person out of around 15 to do it...as you can see by everyone elses piles.


Mine on left, other people's on right.

Two marbles- the one on the left is referred to as "bonfire glass" as it was melted before being swept out to sea. The right- a stunning icy blue with a cornflower blue swirl. These were found by my friend Gara, lucky girl!

Ed and I. Cold, wet and quite pleased with ourselves.

A collaborative photo. Everyone put their favorite finds of the day together for a group shot. Mine is the red piece at the top.

Maryanne and Gara sharing their finds with each other.

Terry got straight to washing all the dirt off hers!

A wonderful afternoon with lovely new friends! Once I wash and sort all my glass (again), I'll post more photos of my finds.

5 comments:

Theresa June 15, 2010 at 3:15 PM  

That looks like so much fun and great that you were able to meet up with your new friends. Now I'm sure we all can't wait to see what you make with all those cool pieces of sea glass!

Unknown June 16, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Honey, in my whole life I've never seen that much... what the...

I have found two little pieces - ever!

Maya @ Completely Coastal June 16, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

What a fun get together..., and so much sea glass. I'm impressed!

Unknown June 16, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

Dear Tara,
Fun to see how you hunt for sea glass. And fun to see what you look like too! The earrings arrived safe and sound. I just love them. I posted my thank you to you and gave you a link back to your blog and Etsy-store.
Best wishes,
Anna

http://annasadornments.blogspot.com/2010/06/thank-tara-giveaway-earrings-arrived.html

The Single Nester June 22, 2010 at 6:24 PM  

I never find sea glass on the coast in NY. You are so lucky!

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP