Oh, the things I've been up to!

>> Wednesday, June 2, 2010

If you are a regular reader of my blog, then you'll know that one of the things I make are Christmas ornaments. I recently completed the first installment of a fairly large order (by my standards anyway!) for a lovely shop in Newport, RI called The Nutcracker Suite(website still under construction but the shop has been around since the early 80s).

The Nutcracker is an amazing store that makes you forget that it might be 85 degrees and 90% humidity outside. Once you step through the door, you are welcomed into a world that is pure Christmas!

And while I don't have any glorious photos of the shop to show you (yet), I CAN give you a peek at the selection of sea inspired decorations I made for them.







Many of these ornaments are exclusive to the Nutcracker Suite, others are available on my website.

And after weeks and weeks of cutting, gluing, painting and wire wrapping, as well as many MANY hang tags-

it all condensed into these two itty bitty boxes!

Please stay tuned for a post coming soon that will feature a tour of The Nutcracker Suite as well as a giveaway of one of their awesome glass ornaments!

5 comments:

Maya @ Completely Coastal June 2, 2010 at 1:20 PM  

I have to check out the store next time I'm in Newport. I'm sure I've been there..., I must have, just don't have the image in mind right now -beautiful!!!

Anonymous,  June 2, 2010 at 2:44 PM  

I LOVE Christmas!!! You make fantastic ornaments!!! Did it take you long to do?

Amy Lilley Designs June 2, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

Absolutely FABULOUS!!!...good for you...I would buy one...(I could make one, but I would buy one)...they're wonderful!!

Shugee @ Blue Heron Cottage June 2, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

Oh, I am so glad I found you. You are my type of artist. Beautiful, Tara. You are very talented.
Love, love, love your blog.

Terra June 4, 2010 at 1:31 PM  

Your ornaments are so cute, especially the sea urchin ones. I see you love Christmas, as I do. I even wrote a book about celebrating the holiday.

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP