My Sorta Pear Tart Recipe

>> Wednesday, September 15, 2010


I don't know anything about making traditional tarts, but I'm happy to share with you my version of a tart on the quick and cheap! Something this fun to make and eat is my snail's pace way of letting autumn come into my world- enjoy!

Ingredients:
8 sheets phyllo dough
3-4 pears (I chose d'anjou because they had beautiful color and were on sale this week!)
3 TBSP unsalted butter (separate 2 tbsp for the glaze)
3 tsp granulated sugar
2 TBSP apricot preserves
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Directions:
In a shallow pie or tart pan, layer phyllo 2 sheets at a time, painting with 1 TBSP of melted butter and sprinkling with sugar until you achieve 4 layers. Trim off any excess dough that hangs over the edges.
Place into a preheated 350 degree oven for 8 minutes.

While the shell is baking, core the pears and slice them thinly. You can either leave the skins on or remove them. I opted to keep them on for time efficiency. Plus they're pretty!

Once you've finished slicing your pears, set a small saucepan on low heat and combine apricot preserves, 2 remaining TBSP of butter, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Stir until smooth.

Remove the tart shell from the oven and lay the pear slices in a spiral towards the center.
Spread the apricot glaze over the top of the pears and bake for 20-25 minutes until the pears soften and the glaze is slightly bubbly.

Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  September 15, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

YUM~!!! That looks delish! I am so gonna make this! Thanx again!

Low Tide High Style September 15, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

Oh my Tara that looks delicious!!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

Kat :)

Lynne September 15, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

oh my! That looks delicious!

Megan is a secret Santa September 15, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

yep....I would come back for seconds and maybe even thirds :) It is healthy after all - full of fruit :)

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP