We finally finished the patio!

>> Monday, September 20, 2010

When we moved in a year ago this was our back yard and porch


And then the first weekend we started this project in August- we had NO IDEA what we were getting into


and perhaps you remember my post about the black cherry tree which halted our progress?

Then finally, the excavation was finished, the cherry mess was cleared away and the brick laying began


The patio project also included the task of taking down the small red stairs that led on and off the porch and removing the railings to make a wrap around staircase so the porch was open to the patio, instead of blocked off and disconnected looking


So yesterday morning, best friends in hand, we finally finished with our project- just in time for fall, lol!




The finished project! I know it's not any award winning backyard makeover like you see on TV, but we did it ourselves- with the help of good friends and it is exactly what we wanted for our lifestyle. Our backyard is now a useable space for our family!


5 comments:

Unknown September 20, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

Oh gosh! It's adorable!!!! Seriously... I'm thinking of all the things I wish we could do ourselves now. I mean we can't but I wish...

Maya @ Completely Coastal September 20, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

Congrats!! It looks so great..., love the open deck that steps down onto a stone patio, it's actually my most favorite design/layout for a backyard.

Low Tide High Style September 20, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

Yay, it turned out great! And now with the cooler temps you can enjoy your beautiful new backyard before winter comes! Congrats!

Kat :)

Lynne September 20, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

It looks fantastic! You will really enjoy it!

jenn September 20, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

As much as I love the patio, the stairs are even better! I love them. Everything looks awesome.

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP