Painting Kitchen Cabinets- What I did today

>> Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Not a very exciting day, but Avery and I went out to visit best friends Jen and Walker on Maplewood Farm and Jen and I tackled her kitchen cabinets this morning.

They were this lovely shade of *ahem* diarrhea upset tummy orange. Sorry but they were.

In 5 hours we managed to entertain 2 little boys, feed them lunch and send one off to kindergarten- In addition to stripping (6 layers of paint including the aforementioned orange, Mylanta mint green, lemon yellow, stale old beige, dirty sock white and doo-doo brown- why are so many paint colors so heinous?!), sanding and priming the entire bottom section of cupboards AND their doors.

Once the primer dries, they'll be painted the same soft green color as the wainscoting that runs around the rest of the kitchen walls. (Which you can sort of see peeking out from behind our disastrous mess in both photos!)

And that's what I did today. Phew!

2 comments:

jenn September 23, 2010 at 5:32 AM  

Looks like fun! I like the green color, too. I think the cabinets are going to look very pretty.

James November 16, 2010 at 2:12 AM  

When choosing kitchen cabinets, it is important to know a little bit about cabinet construction so that you can choose a style and quality that best fits your taste and budget.

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP