The journey

>> Friday, April 9, 2010

From something like this

To something like this


Then modified by me into a shape like this

In preparation to be placed into a fitting like this


Which after I set the glass looks like this

And after a long overnight spent polishing in the tumbler, finally, turns into this


Custom ordered sea glass ring. For a lovely girl who is presenting it as a gift to her mother on her wedding day. It was joy to work with you, I wish you many many years of love, life and happiness together. Congratulations, Heather!

Linking up to the Turquoise Tuesday Party over at The Single Nester!

8 comments:

Lili April 9, 2010 at 7:40 PM  

Oh my gosh this is so lovely!!! You are so very talented and what a great story to go along with it too! ~Lili

Mermaid's Purse April 9, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

Very nice job..the progression of pictures tell a wonderful story. The new owner will be totally blessed. The ring is beautiful, fit for a mermaid.

Fair Winds and Calm Seas,
Deborah Leon
www.mermaidspurseseaglass.com

Unknown April 13, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

I love the rings you do... and I didnt realize you even did rings until last week I think.

I think I love the rings most of all.

sigh. heavy huge sign.

Vonlipi April 13, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

It's a lovely piece. I love silver and sea glass and rings1 What a heavenly combination! You are very talented!

Tara Beaulieu April 13, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

Awww, thanks so much everybody! I actually just got an email from the bride and she is really happy with it. :)

Gretchen April 14, 2010 at 10:58 PM  

Wow! Gorgeous work. I love the beach glass ring you created. My head is spinning now. I might just have to find a perfect piece in my stash and look into having something like this done one day. I'll bookmark you.
Gretchen

Tara Beaulieu April 15, 2010 at 2:03 PM  

Hi Gretchen, thank you! Anytime you'd like to talk custom work, feel free to let me know, I'd be honored to make something for you! :)

The Single Nester April 15, 2010 at 7:39 PM  

Thank you for linking this lovely ring to my Turquoise Tuesday Party! I have never found sea glass near my home. Never. I buy "sea glass" from stores. This makes me sad.

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP