My blog is carbon neutral!

>> Sunday, April 18, 2010

While I was blog surfing this morning I saw a post about having a "carbon neutral" blog and I thought to myself "How the heck can a blog do that and why would it need to?" Maybe it was the combination of being awake for only 10 minutes when I first read it and not enough coffee, but I just wasn't processing how my little blog could be harming the environment.

Then as I read on, I realized that all the information we send zipping around the web in this high tech world we live in is being stored, sent and received on giant servers in giant rooms with enormous cooling systems which use -you guessed it- giant amounts of energy.

To help minimize (or neutralize) our bloggy carbon footprints, Mach’s Grün, a German website, is partnering with the Arbor Day Foundation.

They will plant a tree for every blog that participates. They are hoping to repopulate the nearly 88,000 acres of trees that were destroyed in Plumas National Forest in Northern California in the forest fires of 2007.

The planting is scheduled to start tomorrow, Monday April 19th, 2010.

carbon neutral coupons and shopping with kaufDA.de


So as of today, my blog is proudly carbon neutral, is yours?

3 comments:

Sparkle April 19, 2010 at 3:34 AM  

I went carbon-neutral too!

CastoCreations April 22, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

I'm proud to say that NO my blog is NOT carbon neutral. There's no such stinkin' thing. We'd have to kill ourselves to be carbon neutral - and even thne I think our decaying body would emit carbon. It's all a scam. I think I'll celebrate Earth Day by breathing as MUCH as I possibly can. =D

I do think that planting trees is a good thing to do though. =) So good for you for that part.

Tara Beaulieu April 22, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

Well that's why I said "minimize" OR neutralize. And it can't be scam, they're not selling a thing; not even asking for donations. Simply blog about it, let them know and they plant a tree. Nothing but a good thing all around! :)

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP