A simple little beachy project

>> Monday, April 5, 2010

I've been wanting one of those vintage printer's trays you see at consignment shops and on eBay for ages now but could never come to terms with the hefty price tag. Then at Christmas time I was in the Dollar Tree (crafter heaven!) and I found these small pine display boxes. They measure just about 7 inches square, so I got to thinking that if I bought a few of them and put them together, I'd have a pretty good replica for a fraction of the price. So I tacked them together with a few nails
scraped them, dinged them and otherwise marked them up to "age" the wood. Then gave them two coats of a dark cherry stain to match the shadow boxes I made last week. Finally, I filled the cubbies up with all sorts of little treasures from the sea. Beachy chic for $4.28, not bad!
(yes, the boys are playing Call of Duty on the TV, sorry about that!)

3 comments:

Unknown April 5, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

that's just lovely - I swear though where ever you are you have the best beach combing because Ive never gotten that kind of beach glass or shells. I mean teeny beach glass. Like two pieces. for real honey

Maya @ Completely Coastal April 7, 2010 at 10:03 AM  

Great how you antiqued the trays...., it just looks as great as the printer one!

CastoCreations April 8, 2010 at 6:09 PM  

Oh my gosh...you MUST be my decorator. LOL You're just so creative. I could never create things like that for my house. *sigh*

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP