Simple Beachy Napkin Rings

>> Friday, April 9, 2010

This is an abridged version of a longer post that I wrote back in November on my other blog, Success Bound. To view the original post in its entirety; which includes a second quick and easy beach craft (seashell votive holders), click here.

This was my Thanksgiving table last November. I set my table with discount dishes purchased for a song ($36), wine glasses from the dollar store ($12), my wedding flatware, candles galore and handmade decorative accessories with a beachy theme. My splurge was new mongrammed napkins ($14.99/6). Total cost for this table setting for 12 was $77.98!


Supplies for Starfish Napkin Rings:


Cheap Plain Napkin Rings(you could even use an old piece of PVC pipe cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths. My rings were wood and found for $.25 a piece at a discount store.)
Starfish (2-3 inch- Seashells will also work)
Twine
Hot Glue Gun/Glue Sticks
Scissors






First, add a dab of hot glue to the inside of the ring and attach the start of your twine. Next bring the twine up over the the edge and begin wrapping it around the ring opening. Add small 1-2 inch beads of hot glue around the ring, following directly underneath the previous layer of twine. Wrap around and around, pressing each section of twine flush up to the previous one until you come to the other end of the ring. Finish the same way you started- cut the twine and add another dot of hot glue on the inside of the ring to secure.

Once the glue is dried, if you have bristly twine like I did, give it a haircut to trim away all the fly away pieces and then add a dab of hot glue to the back of your starfish and adhere it to the ring. That's it!


My finished table:



If you've made a similar craft, show me the link, I'd love to see it!

I just spoke to Beth, over at The Stories of A to Z. Her post this afternoon inspired me to write this entry. Check out the gorgeous napkin rings Beth has made!
Hers are even more crafty than mine- since she formed hers on paper towel tubes and didn't have to attach them to rings like I did.



And she even made some variations on the theme to show us:


So clever, Beth, thanks for letting me brag about you!

2 comments:

Over The Top Aprons April 10, 2010 at 12:05 AM  

Great article .... nice presentation!

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP