Double Orange Glazed Pork Chops

>> Thursday, February 17, 2011


I was lounging around this morning clicking through the channels when I found Paula Deen's Best Dishes on Food Network. She and her son were making these pork chops that looks SO good and I decided I had to try them for dinner. The recipe couldn't be easier and even better- I had everything I needed in the house to make them!

Ingredients:
1 cup Orange Juice
1/3 cup Orange Marmalade
3 TBSP butter (I only used about 1, you know Paula loves her butter!)
4 TBSP Vegetable Oil (Again I only used about 2)
4 1/2 inch Pork Chops (recipe calls for bone-in, I used boneless and adjusted my cook time accordingly)
Salt
Pepper

In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the orange juice and marmalade. Set aside.

Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Season both sides of pork with salt and pepper. Add the chops to the pan and cook until just cooked through
(6-8 minutes for bone in) Mine took about 4 minutes total.
Transfer the chops to a plate and cover with foil.

Pour off all of the pan drippings, save for approximately 3 TBSP (since I used less to begin with, I didn't need to pour any off in this step). Add your orange juice mixture to the pan. Increase the heat to medium high and cook until the sauce is reduced and slightly syrupy, about 6-8 minutes.

Add the chops back into the pan, turning to coat. Serve immediately.

I served them with Paula's recipe for sauteed spinach and onions, from the same episode ("Father's Day) and my recipe for cheesy rice.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

1stopmom February 17, 2011 at 6:02 PM  

This sounds good. I am going to add it to my list of recipes to try. Thanks!

laxsupermom February 17, 2011 at 6:13 PM  

Those look amazing! I've just given you The Versatile Blogger Award. Come on over to claim it.

jenn February 17, 2011 at 11:35 PM  

I always overcook pork because I'm afraid of under cooking it. This recipe sounds easy enough even for me. :)

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP