I walk the line

>> Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Well, the shoreline anyway. This is my pre-workout walk this morning. Dont be fooled, it is surely winter out here.
A balmy 28 degrees at the current moment. But the sun is warming and the wind is mild. These little birds are nuts to watch.

They run back and forth incessantly with the ebb and flow of the water looking for tiny particles to eat.

Who wouldnt want to take a walk here? Especially in the quiet desolation of winter? And I do mean desolate.
But that's the way I like it. The solitude is cleansing for me.
I always feel motivated and prepared after an hour
alone on the beach with my thoughts.

This place is a virtual ghost town in February. I suppose if I cant be someplace warm,
I can at least enjoy my home on rare, beautiful winter day, right?

5 comments:

Terra February 23, 2011 at 2:26 PM  

Yes, it is good to enjoy this beauty on a cold, clear winter's day.

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea February 23, 2011 at 3:41 PM  

Awesome photos-any day on the beach is a good day.

Kaybe February 23, 2011 at 11:05 PM  

Gorgeous! Love the video.

Take good care,

Karen

Unknown February 25, 2011 at 9:45 AM  

Omg I so wish I could walk along the shore like this. I do this when I go to cape may and it's like... home to me. Theres no other way to describe it really. Its peace

Tara Beaulieu February 26, 2011 at 12:08 PM  

Total peace. I love the way the streams of sunlight showed up in the photos too.

Side note- I told Ed it's time for me to upgrade to a new camera. I took these shots with my new phone and they came out better than the pics from my refurb'd Kodak Easy Share that I got on eBay a few years ago (which is what I usually use when blogging)!

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP