So I am now an OFFICIAL Versatile Blogger

>> Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thank you to laxsupermom at Sugar & Spice in the Land of Balls & Sticks for honoring me with this award.


When this award is bestowed upon you, there are a few things you must do to keep the blog love flowing:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Answer 10 questions.
3. Pass it along to 7 bloggers you've recently discovered and enjoy.
4. Leave your recipients a note telling them they've won an award.


And the 10 questions are:

1. Why did you create this blog?
When I started this blog, I didn't even really know what blogs were. I just knew that all the cool kids were doing it and I was supposed to do it too. Now I use my blog to brag about my kids, show off my creativity, share my love of cooking and my obsession with all things vintage.
2. What kinds of blogs do you follow?
The blogs I follow revolve around Crafts, Family, Food, DIY and Vintage
3. Favorite make-up brand?
Bare Minerals. I don't wear a ton of makeup, in fact most days I don't wear any. But I did invest in a wonderful powder brow filler by Bare Minerals which flawlessly fills in the sparse areas in my brows that were caused by the teenage me thinking she could tweeze like the dickens and then pencil in a better brow line. (Not my most brilliant moment)
4. Favorite clothing brand?
Well when I can buy what I want and spend what I want, I am a J Crew, Gap and Banana Repulic gal. But since I have 3 growing boys who blast through clothes like nobody's business, I am generally an Old Navy shopper.
5. Indispensible make-up product?
If I had to pick something that wasn't my brow corrector, I'd say it's my eye lash curler. Well, that and the mascara that follows. Can I cheat and pick two? Like I said, I don't usually wear makeup, but on the days I feel like I need to actually look awake and put together and not just a mom in jammie pants and a hoodie, I find that the curler paired with mascara (brown, not black) opens my eyes up and shows them off quite nicely.
6. Favorite Color?
Turquoise. Without a doubt. I know, I am so 2010. Pantone would be disappointed with me.
7. Favorite Perfume?
Jessica Simpson's "Fancy Love" Am I dork that I wear celebrity perfume at the age of *ahem* older than 30?
8. Favorite Film?
There are a lot of films that I can watch over and over again. The sort that no matter if you click onto the TV channel 3/4 of the way through it, you'll still sit and finish watching the remainder. I'm going to cheat again and break it into categories. My most modern favorite is Julie and Julia, my most nostalgic favorite from teen years is Heathers (Corn Nuts!) and my favorite, laugh out loud a bazillion times over, sure to perk me up from a bad mood is Grumpy Old Men.
9. What country would you like to visit and why? I think I'd like to go to England. I'm not sure where, but I follow a few blogs from the other side of the pond and so many of the charity shops and car boot sales I see look like a vintage collector's dream!
10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or blush on one side of your face?
Errr. What an odd question. And what do you suppose my answer says about me? Since I am typically pale as a ghost and the slightest amount of blush makes me look like I have a fever, I'm going to say the mascara. Though I think that's a rotten alternative.

Okay, so there you have it. Some bits and bobs from my life. Make what you will of it and again, thank you to laxsupermom for offering me the opportunity to think about some random and varied parts of myself.

And now for the 7 blogs I'm going to pass this award onto:

My Kids Are My World
Confessions of a Psychotic Housewife
Brambleberry Cottage
Annie's Cupboards
Six Balloons Vintage Delights
Three Fates & Jay Grow Up and Buy a House
Kreated by Kelly

4 comments:

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage February 20, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

Thanks so much, Tara, for finding my blog worthy of the award!

Be sure to stop by and enter my giveaway, if you haven't done so yet. And I would love to have you join my party each week.

Have a fun and restful day!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife February 21, 2011 at 1:01 AM  

Thank you for the award! I love Grumpy Old Men, too!

laxsupermom February 21, 2011 at 8:01 PM  

Loved learning more about you! I forgot about Heathers! Brings me right back to watching that back when I was a teen. Thanks for sharing.

SixBalloons February 22, 2011 at 1:43 AM  

Hi Tara, I'm so glad you are enjoying the sixballoons blog! I suppose I got the idea to start my own blog when I did the same thing - happened upon a great site, and just hunkered down with a nice cup of tea and read all the posts. So glad you're reading and that I've found your blog!

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP