The Winter from H-E- Double Hockey Sticks

>> Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I woke up this morning to "Maaaaaaaa! The door is leaking!" And sure enough, our one year old, Andersen sliding glass door is leaking, rapidly. In five different spots.




The freezing rain that fell last night left a sheet of ice an inch thick on top of our 15 inches of snow (including on my roof) and now the roof and gutters have iced over and the rain is now rolling in under the soffit and getting in the top seam of the door.

Oh, and there is the beginnings of a swimming pool in my back yard. I fear for my pretty little patio under there...

I am ready to pack up and move to Florida. I am SO done with winter!

3 comments:

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife February 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM  

Ours has been leaking too, and we haven't even had all that snow like you! Florida sounds good to me too... well, except during hurricane season. lol

storybeader February 5, 2011 at 6:04 PM  

I hate leaking houses (and businesses!) Keep your water running and put a flashlight under the sinks for heat. We didn't have the water running hard enough and our kitchen pipes burst! Agh!

D. Jean Quarles February 5, 2011 at 9:04 PM  

It's been cold here, but not like that. Wishing you warmth soon.

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP