Finished my sister's window!

>> Friday, March 19, 2010

So this is where we started. An old, wood framed, double hung window scrubbed clean and given a fresh coat of paint.

Once it's dried, I coat the panes with a wash of glue and let it dry overnight

Then I start planning out the design.

And gluing it down.

These swirly ones seem to take on a life of their own, I can never predict how they'll turn out.

The last piece is adhered!

After drying for 48 hours, the epoxy is mixed and poured.

Cured for another 48 hours and it's ready to hang!

2 comments:

Campbell Jane March 19, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

What! That is so BEAUTIFUL! Your sister should be so happy! I am so going to try this one day.

babygirl March 21, 2010 at 6:40 AM  

Your sister is beyond "happy"! It is a beautiful work of art and I can't wait to give it to Jay on his Birthday! I'll let you know how he likes it!

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP