Welcome to my office, won't you come in- Revisited

>> Saturday, March 20, 2010

Back in January, I posted about a desk I found on the side of the road.

Let's revisit, shall we?



And if you've followed my blog since January, you'll know, too, that I was using a lovely plastic folding table and my kid's plastic storage drawers in my kitchen office to get work done.

It was tiny with cords hanging everywhere and constantly getting tangled with my feet. No room to put anything down and certainly no room write or help the kids with homework!
So when I saw my discarded beauty on the side of the road, I knew she had to come home with me. A little lovin' and she'd be perfect!

So first, spray paint with a brushed metal look.

Then I taped off the edges and painted the top with a few coats of white.

Okay, clean and tidy but BORING. I dug out a stencil I purchased about 8 years ago for a bathroom in a former house and never used. Got my turquoise and lime green paint out...getting better!

I can even use a stencil to hide the spots where the tape took some of the spray paint off!

And then there's all the awesome tiki style images I blogged about a couple of weeks ago, found at Arkiva Tropika... what to do with those? Decoupage of course!

The artist's tools:


A few here

A few there

A few more

And maybe even a few more back over here


And now to swap it out with the folding table...




Now, I know it's not everyone's taste (my sister-in-law was not feelin the love) but I think it's fun, it's certainly WAY more functional, it was a project I was able to tackle by myself and I happen to think it's pretty dern cute! What do you think?

5 comments:

Rose Clearfield March 20, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

Very nicely done! Definitely an upgrade. :)

anythinggoeshere March 20, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

Cute, hip, fun and functional. What more could a girl want!!!! xo Joan@anythinggoeshere

Tara Beaulieu March 21, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

Thanks, ladies! LOL "totally awesome" that's the best description yet, thanks Storm!

Pink Roses and Teacups March 21, 2010 at 6:45 PM  

Hi, and thank you for stopping by for a visit! This desk IS totally awesome!! It came out great! Perfect size for that space.

Debbie

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP