Warm Spinach Salad, a quick recipe

>> Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ingredients:

1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1/3 pound bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 medium red onion, sliced thin
1/2 red bell pepper, rough chopped
1 tsp minced garlic from jar or 2 cloves, minced
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 bag fresh triple washed spinach
Feta cheese to taste

For the bacon, I find the simplest way to cut it up is to take out the entire 1 pound pack and lop about 1/3 of it off the end. Then I slice it into 1/2 inch strips. It makes for much more uniform pieces without the greasy mess you get when trying to crumble cooked bacon pieces after the fact.

In a saute pan, heat e.v. olive oil over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until partially browned. Add onions
and garlic to pan and cook 2-3 minutes. Add pepper and cook 1-2 additional minutes.


Add balsamic vinegar to the pan to deglaze and reduce heat to low. Allow vinegar to simmer and reduce by half, tossing all veggies and bacon until well coated. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, but not totally.

Place your bag of spinach into a large salad bowl.
Pour bacon/veggies mixture over spinach and toss to slightly wilt the spinach and coat it with the balsamic.

Serve topped with crumbled feta cheese. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife March 8, 2010 at 1:06 AM  

Yum!!! I may have to make that for me this week, I think I have everything! Whoo hoo!

alba March 8, 2010 at 6:19 AM  

That looks really tasty! I think I will try it today since I have the ingredients! jeje

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP