Luck of the Irish

>> Wednesday, March 17, 2010


Went for a walk on my beach today with Avery and our good friend, Paula.

There was supposed to be lots of beach erosionso we thought the sea glass pickins would be good today. We wandered almost all the way down the beach and found nothing. Then we hit the motherload!






This is just my haul. Paula's got even keener eyes than I do and has an equally impressive pile!

Noteworthy finds- buttons, beads, watch parts, pottery shards, cobalt blue (scarce around here) a tiny shard of jadeite and pale lavender pieces (next to the cobalt blue.)



Look at all the shades of green!

I guess being born Tara Michala Kelly gave us a wee bit o' luck this day. Our bags were so heavy and full, we couldn't carry them anymore!


Topped it off with our first visit of the season to Iggy's for fresh clamcakes and chowda. Mmmmmmm!



Don't you wish you were here with us?

5 comments:

Salmagundi March 17, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

Look at that haul! I wish I lived close just so I could hunt for the glass, too. The colors are wonderful. Hurry back to the Salvation Army for the transferware. You are on a lucky spell. Sally

Stacey March 17, 2010 at 10:25 PM  

Wow! You found so many great pieces of sea glass- And what you make with them is beautiful...And your lunch looks fantastic- Wish I was there!

Unknown March 18, 2010 at 3:57 AM  

I do wish I was there with you. You get to take so many beach walks. We have the mountains here, but they just aren't the same. I'm a beach girl.

Hot Rocks March 18, 2010 at 2:08 PM  

What a fabulous haul of sea treasures! Sounds like a lot of fun.

John | English Wilderness March 19, 2010 at 3:38 AM  

Sounds like you had a fantastic time. I love wandering up and down the beach looking for fossils and amber.

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP