Wow, I've been gone a long time!

>> Monday, March 15, 2010

Hi out there in blog land! I'm so sorry to have up and disappeared for so many days- I certainly didn't plan it to be that way, and don't intend to make it a habit!

So anyway, here's some of the goings on from around here these past few days...

Got to go out on an actual date with Ed for the first time in ages! We had a nice dinner then went to Sam's Club (don't laugh and call us old married folk!). We LIKE shopping at Sam's Club and anyway, this one was for specific purpose.

Say hello to my new lover

I'm not normally an electronics freak, but this thing is SO cool, I just had to share it. For those of your interested in this sorta thing, it's a Vizio 47" 1080p 120 Hz. I have never had an HD TV before and never really understood all the hype until I watched one of my favorite TV shows on it after we brought it home and set it up. Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, larger than live and in HD in my living room, the food looks 10 times more delicious! (okay and I am just now aware that that is a photo of Go, Deigo, Go on the TV not Triple D!)

The cute little TV stand it's on was a decision we made because hubby and I never and I mean never have luck when we have to anchor things to our walls. Nothing is easy or goes as it should. I knew we would still need something to hold all the other components like the DVD player, movies and various gaming thingies that the kids use so this seemed like the perfect blend. Our TV is larger than the old one and yet, we have more floor space because of the design of the stand!

Ed, Austin and I assembled this in about 2 1/2 hours, including mounting the TV on it.

Saturday and Sunday brought errands, hair appointments, birthday party at the bowling alley and then a sleep over with friends. We had tasty food, including smile face play dough pizza
we wore bath towels on our heads
played "How many papas does it take to inflate an air mattress?"
chatted with our friends on pretty pink princess phones
watched movies and fell asleep early (well the adults did, anyway).

Now it is a dismal, grey Monday (wow is it afternoon already?!) and I am back to crafting! Today I am working on an upcycled project for my sister... Hoping to have it ready by the end of the week and will post photos for you all to see. No hints yet, maybe tomorrow... stay tuned!

4 comments:

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife March 16, 2010 at 4:45 AM  

LOL You and us too! We are in love with our new tv too - the difference is AMAZING!

Tara Beaulieu March 16, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

Wow, Storm, did you guys get to keep the TV? I thought you returned it for some reason... what am I thinking of?

Low Tide High Style March 16, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

Isn't HDTV amazing? And wait until you watch your first blu-ray movie...breathtaking, really! Glad you had a fun weekend and a great date that included bringing such a wonderful TV!

Kat :)

fishprincessdesigns March 16, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

Welcome back!

Had to laugh at your new love-we just got one too!

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP