Okay, I'm a bit of a dork but this is exciting!

>> Saturday, March 6, 2010

I was a little bored tonight so I decided to do some research on one of the pottery shards I recently turned into a pendant. This is the piece:



Because I had a partial maker's mark to go by, I was able to do some Googling and come up with the full identity of the maker and eventually a pattern name! So I'm getting all excited now- I feel like an amateur archeologist, lol!

The maker is Petrus Regout, for De Sphinx Pottery, Maastricht Holland and the pattern is called "Abbey" which I believe was produced in 1914- how cool is this? (am I a big time dork or what?!)

Here's a photo of the full plate:

The maker's mark on the back:

And my glorious photoshop skills putting the two of them together:

For thos interested, one of Regout's most famous pattern of the Flow Blue style of transferware is Willow, or Blue Willow.

3 comments:

Unknown March 7, 2010 at 2:49 AM  

Wow! That's pretty cool. How interesting it would be to live near the ocean and pick up such wonderful treasures.

Unknown March 7, 2010 at 3:50 AM  

You are not a dork! I think you are working in a very interesting, original and exciting way. You give your pieces a history; or return it to them! I think it's great. You are really making wonderful treasures!
Best wishes
Anna

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP