Springy, Sunny Sunday Shopping

>> Monday, March 22, 2010

Went out to some local consignment shops on Sunday afternoon with Ed and spied some really beautiful items. Some of them even made the trip home with me...

pretty little vignettes welcoming spring


Pink glass lampshades and doodads (wish my photography skills were better!) on a perfectly antique white vanity


OMG, I have died and gone to insulator heaven! I had to zip back to the entry of the store and grab a basket once I saw this!


Love this turquoise pedestal, but the $85 price tag? Um, I don't think so...


Forget spring, these shelves are beckoning summer!


Something about the blue on this enamel kettle


Craving this fun little bait pail, but at $15, it's on my watch and wait list...


In addition to the insulators I brought home, which I'll blog about another day, I also treated myself to these two beauties (soon to be decorated with sea glass!)



a funky flowery enamel brooch

and a canning jar filled with grammy's beads and baubles


Ohhhh, how I love shopping other people's junk, lol!

Linking up to Crazy Suburban Mom for Retro Tuesday!

7 comments:

LisaB March 23, 2010 at 7:17 AM  

Nice haul, love junking also. The little bait pail is too cool.

Lisa B. March 23, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

Just realized I was signed in under my other account. oops!

Unknown March 23, 2010 at 10:20 AM  

Fabulous! I have one insulator - not a clue what to do with it...what do you do???

Lenox Knits March 23, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

I haven't got my junk shopping fix in way too long. I can't wait for garage sale season to get into full swing but in the meantime I may need to hit some shops.

Tara Beaulieu March 27, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

Thanks, Lisa, we had a lot of fun, it was our first "outing" of the season, can't wait to do it again! I love spring!

Tracy- I am planning some wild candle type thingy. I'll blog about it if/when I get around to making it LOL. For now they're all just on my windowsill looking pretty.

Lenox, OMG tell me about it. I am in New England and it is SUCH a long winter. I love when the consignment shops go back to spring hours and the yard sales start up- you know the weather is getting warm and the junk is flowing!

Vonlipi March 30, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

Love the insulators! I have a couple and I need to kick myself to stop me from bringing some home...In case you're not aware I have Pyrexia!

Love the canning jar with the knick knacks...I'm barred from bringing some home too :(

Tara Beaulieu March 31, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

LOL, Pyrexia! That's an ailment I feel myself coming down with too! That is hysterical! :)

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP