Vintage Tiki Fun!

>> Tuesday, March 9, 2010

If you follow my blog, you may recall that I've mentioned a freebie desk a few times. It was in sorry shape and so it sat in my garage all winter long, waiting for the weather to warm up enough for me to drag it into the yard and do some work on it.

We've had a gorgeous string of days since last Friday, so little by little, I've been prepping the desk for its new home as ground zero for Scarborough Seashells.

In keeping with my beachy house and love of all things retro, I've decided to add a touch of 1950s tiki style to the desk. Tiki and Polynesian style restaurants, night clubs and hotel themes were all the rage in the 1940's, 50's and early 60's. I just love the vibrant colors and tropical feel of the imagery! I am only in the planning stages still, but I want to share the awesome images I've discovered that might just play a part in my new desk decor...
















All images courtesy of Arkiva Tropika

Linked up to Retro Tuesday at The Crazy Suburban Mom

1 comments:

Unknown March 10, 2010 at 4:34 AM  

Those are terrific - I was going to do something in my house using vintage hawaiian menus once but never did...where are those menus? Hmmmm

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP