Making pretty stuff is exhausting!

>> Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Yawn! I am tired and achy today and sit in the dark kitchen looking out at a cloudy and wet morning. I pulled a 10 hour work day yesterday in preparation for the craft show this weekend. I hit an all time high for soldering work- 38 individual pieces cut and soldered together.

Today I have to trim off all the excess silver and file them smooth so I can attach bails to the pendants, clasp rings to the bracelet pieces and loops to the tops of the earring pieces. Then I have to do all that attaching. If I can manage to get that finished before it's time to start dinner, I'll begin setting the pottery/shells/sea glass. I'm reallllllly hoping to get this stuff finished tonight because my back and neck are killing me from sitting, stooping and standing over this work for so many hours. (not to mention I need to get this stuff polished by Friday night so I can card it all for Saturday morning!)

Aaack, what the heck am I doing posting, I need to get to work!

Maybe later I'll treat you all to a photo which I'll entitle "The beauty of a jeweler's hands". Oh boy, that'll be a nice one!

2 comments:

Unknown February 25, 2010 at 1:11 AM  

Why do you have to card it for Saturday morning? Do you have a show? As always, your jewelry is beautiful. I can't wait to go to the beach again this summer. I love to pick the sea shells. I wouldn't mind finding some sea glass too.

Tara Beaulieu February 25, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

Hi Melissa, yes, I am doing a show on Saturday. And of course after all this work, it's supposed to be a mix of rain and snow. That'll be sure to bring out the shoppers. Sheesh. ;)

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP