Vintage goodies... this week it's milk glass!

>> Tuesday, February 23, 2010



Squeaking in just in the nick of time (it's still Tuesday!) for Retro Tuesday over at The Crazy Suburban Mom-

This week I have a cute little individual sugar bowl and creamer set. It's milk glass made by Westmoreland Glass. The pattern is called paneled grapes. What I love about this set is the sugar bowl has its lid. I did some searching when I came home with them from the consignment shop and discovered that of the dozen or so pieces listed on eBay not one of them has the lid with it! I guess people must misplace them or break them a lot or something.

In any case, I think it's really cute, but as much as I like it (and was dying to buy a sugar bowl and creamer set) it doesn't match my dishes like I wanted it too. The grapes are just too formal to go with my 50's atomic style stuff. So- this pair will be going to eBay when I get a free minute to list them. I'll open the bidding at $8.99. I hope they find a good home!

Linked up to Vintage Thingies Thursday at The Coloradolady

9 comments:

Rose Clearfield February 24, 2010 at 12:17 AM  

I have been given the Sunshine Award and I have decided to pass it onto you!

to receive your award just go to my blog and copy it over

http://randomcreative28.blogspot.com :)

Unknown February 24, 2010 at 6:29 AM  

Fabulous! And you're so right about the lids

France GuĂ©rin February 24, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

I just love these!
I would buy them right away!
France
Passion of Milk glass, collecting

Unknown February 24, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

Love Milk Glass its a personal favorite of mine as i love collecting white dishware. thanks for sharing!

Tammy February 26, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

Oh the cream and sugar set is very pretty. Sugar bowl lids are so easy to break, lucky you to find a set with the lid intact.

Carrie February 26, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

What a beautiful design...and in such great shape!

Unknown February 26, 2010 at 12:09 PM  

My mom has this exact set, never used! good luck on your auction!
Hope you'll checkout my 2 giveaways when you visit my VTT!

thasnifty February 26, 2010 at 12:22 PM  

love them!!! they are fabulous! Great finds, but I can see how they might clash a bit with modernist design :)

-brightest blessings-
karina

thasnifty.blogspot.com

Coloradolady February 26, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

Well, I really love this! So pretty. I have a few things that don't go with my collections too, some atomic dishes for one thing...but I hang on to them. I love the milk glass. Glad you linked in to VTT!

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP