What can you do with some twine, some glue and your recycling?

>> Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How about making a nifty knock-off of one of these pretty little Ballard Designs bottles?


Thanks to Amy at Design-Aholic for inspiring this "use what you've got" challenge!

Supplies: hot glue, empty bottle, twine, scissors

For the first few wraps, I used a bead of glue all the way around the bottle to secure it.


As I got toward the center, I was able to wrap it around 4 or 5 times before adding a dot of glue to secure.

And then as I neared the top I went back to using more glue- a bead every inch or so.
Once I finished, I decided the bottom should be covered too, so I flipped it over and glued it down in a coil.

Embellished it with a shell and a cork I had lying around.


I have a bunch of burlap left from my Christmas stockings, I think I'm going to try one of these bottles next:


If you've done this craft before, let me know, I'd love to hear from you and see the finished product!

5 comments:

Unknown February 10, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

This would be a fun thing to do and looks great around the house. I will post it on my facebook I have some friends that would be interested in doing this craft. Nice blog.

Unknown February 10, 2010 at 6:59 PM  

This is soooo charming and i think something even an untalented gal like me could acomplish...LOL thanks so much for the inspiration...I am off to find a bottle.

Linda@Coastal Charm February 10, 2010 at 10:45 PM  

Looking GOOD...I sooo need to get my twine out and make one of these!

Blessings,
Linda

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her February 12, 2010 at 6:11 AM  

LOVE this idea! I may just have to try an adaptation of it. :)

My Owl Barn February 13, 2010 at 12:43 AM  

Great idea! I have some bottles saved in cute shapes and sizes. All I need to get is some burlap.

Post a Comment

Share with me, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP